What are the benefits of Kashmiri Saffron?
- Coloring agent or as a flavoring spice
- Helps in weight loss
- Gives fairer complexion
- Anti ageing effects
- Relieves pain ( gout or arthritis)
- Acts as antidepressant
- Used to improve sexual health
- Beneficial in hair growth
- Essential supplement during pregnancy
- Improves mental health
- Anti cancerous
- Potential sleep Inducer
What are the types of Kashmiri Saffron available to buy?
Mongra or Mogra Saffron
It has only top red part of stigma. It is the costliest and finest saffron
This has full stigma of saffron flower. This is less costly than Mongra Saffron.
This has bottom yellow part of the stigma. This is the cheapest one.
- Kashmiri Saffron
- High Quality
- Irani Saffron
- Smuggled from Iran to India
- Low Quality
Orignal Vs Fake Saffron
- Bitter Taste – Pure Kashmiri saffron has a bitter taste when u chew it
- Yellow Color in Water – Saffron releases yellow color in water and it takes bit time to release color. Although it releases yellow color, the color of the strands itself remains red for few hours in water.
- Floats in Water – Real Saffron floats in water and fake one does not float Comments